- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 1:20 h
- Cook Time : 20m
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp (16 / 20 count), peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chiles, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Baguette slices, for serving
In a zip-top bag, combine one-third of the garlic, the olive oil, a large pinch of salt and pepper, and the shrimp. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile, add the remaining garlic, the orange juice and chipotle to a saucepot over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to a thin glaze, 10 to 13 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, letting the excess drip back into the bag; discard the marinade.
Place the shrimp on the hot grill pan and cook until opaque on both sides and grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side.
Remove the shrimp to a bowl, add the orange glaze, cilantro and lime juice, and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with baguette slices.